Pre-Flight PreparationIn any case, the following items belong to a safe pre-flight preparation:Obtaining weather information via
Detailed route planning in relation to...
- the expected enroute weather
- active SIGMET and AIRMET
Check of active NOTAM prior to the flightMandatory submission of a flight plan according to AIP (ENR 1.10 Flight Planning) and LVR §28 for flights which
- Restricted Areas (LOR), Danger Areas (LOD)
- Airspaces that require Clearance (CTR, MTMA, MCTR, Airspace Classes D, C,...)
- Entry/exit points of Control Zones (CTR)
- Border crossings (place/altitude/estimated time when crossing the state border)
- are executed partially or entirely in controlled airspaces
- want to land on a controlled aerodrome
- want to cross the state border
We have summarized the most important information for a safe flight execution in a folder (as of March 2018).