It has to be clarified, if:
- You do already hold an EASA Aircraft Maintenance Licence (AML) or are you applying for the first time?
- You do have a place of residence in Austria - or in one of the EU Member States?
Both questions have to be answered to verify that Austro Control is the competent authority in your case.
In order to get an EASA AML following requirements (see regulation (EU) No 1321/2014 Annex III - Part-66) are given:
- You have to decide whether you are applying for a category A, B1, B2 or B3 (66.A.3)
- You have to decide for which aircraft/aircraft groups you are applying for (66.A.5)
- You have to apply for the AML using EASA Form 19B (see homepage) (66.A.10)
- You shall be at least 18 years of age for application (66.A.15)
- You have to provide documentation to demonstrate compliance with the applicable
Practical maintenance experience (66.A.30): Up to five years practical maintenance experience depending on the chosen category/sub-category of the license using Log-Book 07. If your company works within a country which is ICAO member, you may forward as an alternative your log-book (copy, confirmed by the maintenance organization) containing all the tasks you have performed, your national licence confirmed by the national authority and national permit (if applicable). We will check if they are fulfil the requirements of the rule.
- Aircraft type endorsement
For group 1 aircraft a Part-147 aircraft type training (consists of theoretical training and examination and practical training and assessment) not older than 3 years before application is required. The endorsement of the first aircraft type rating within a given subcategory requires an On-the-Job Training, as described in Appendix III to Annex III (Part-66).
This OJT has to be approved in advance by the Austro Control. You have to check whether your Part-145 organisation has already implemented an approved procedure for an OJT or the related aircraft type rating in his MOE (chapter 3.15) or not.
If an OJT procedure is implemented, you may forward
- an application form (FO_LFA_PEL_043_DE - unfortunately only in German) with copies of the relevant parts of the MOE (approval, list of effective pages, chapter 3.15 and related documents like tasklists for OJT or assessment forms etc) and copies of licenses of the involved instructors and assessors.
If an OJT procedure is not implemented, you may forward
- an application form (FO_LFA_PEL_043_DE - unfortunately only in German) with details for your OJT like the organisation, which is performing the OJT, the category, the aimed aircraft type rating, a list of signing instructors and assessors (with their licences’ ID no.).
Furthermore you have to forward a OJT Task list (FO_LFA_PEL_042) which may be taken from us as a generic one or specified by the performing Part 145 organisation for the relevant aircraft type in accordance with Part-66 Appendix III point 6.
You have also to forward copies of licenses of instructors and assessors.
In order to approve the OJT we would also perform an audit at the Part 145 organization. The costs for the audit (flights etc.) is to be paid by the applicant.
For group 2 aircraft alternatively to the process described for group 1 aircraft a demonstration of practical experience and a type examination on the aircraft type is required.
The applicant must provide the aircraft and accept the costs for examination (flight, hotel etc.). The practical experience has to be demonstrated by a form downloadable from Austro Control’s homepage.
In addition Full Subgroup Ratings or Manufacturer Subgroup Ratings may be acquired according 66.A.45.
For group 3 aircraft category B1 alternatively to the process described for group 1 aircraft a demonstration of practical experience and type examination is required.
In addition a Full Group 3 Rating may be acquired according 66.A.45.
For piston engine non-pressurized aeroplanes of 2000kg MTOM and below category B3 a demonstration of practical experience is required.
If the above mentioned documentation is existent, we need also a copy from your passport.
We would like to inform you, that we have to charge for issue of a part-66 licence a fee according to Austrian regulation.
At the time of application all documentation must be enclosed. Only a complete application will be accepted.